While running the installation of the Quickbooks software, you might get Quickbooks Error 16218 due to several reasons. This error generally occurs when you newly install the Quickbooks software or while downloading or installing an update. While performing the installation process, the Quickbooks error 1618 message will be displayed on the screen. You might encounter this error because of some error with the Microsoft components that are required to install the Quickbooks software such as Microsoft Runtime Library, MSXML, etc. However, there is nothing to worry about because there are quick remedies available that can be used to troubleshoot this error.
In this blog, we will explain to you how you can troubleshoot this Quickbooks error but before leading to that let us have a look at what are the causes and effects of Quickbooks Error 1618.
Quickbooks Error 1618 Effects
Below listed are some of the effects that you might face during the encounter of the Quickbooks error 1618. In case, you are facing any of the effects mentioned below then make sure to take quick measures to fix the issue.
- An Error message of “Quickbooks Error 1618” will be displayed on the screen.
- Pc will start crashing frequently while working on Quickbooks or any other program.
- Pc will freeze for some seconds.
What are the Causes of Quickbooks Error 1618?
If you have got the Quickbooks Error 1618 then below listed are some of the reasons that might trigger this error. However, you can follow the troubleshooting methods we have mentioned below to fix this issue.
- Due to corrupted or Incomplete download of the Quickbooks Installation file.
- The Quickbooks error 1618 can occur due to corrupt or damaged windows components like windows registry.
- Damage of any quickbooks or Microsoft files because of Malicious programs.
- Any other software might have to delete Quickbooks related file mistakenly.
How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 1618?
Method: 1 Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
The very first thing that is suggested to troubleshoot this error is to use the Quickbooks tool Hub. it is one of the best services by quickbooks itself to troubleshoot any kind of error with the Quickbooks software. In this, you will find all the diagnostic tools of Quickbooks software that can be used in resolving issues with Quickbooks. Make sure to Close the Quickbooks software and open the tool hub window and then follow these steps:
- After opening the Quickbooks tool Hub window, go to the installation issues tab.
- Now click on the given tool and follow the prompted instruction to complete the diagnose process.
- Wait until the process completes and then restart your device and start the Quickbooks software to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Method: 2 Manual Troubleshooting Methods
Below we have listed two manual methods that can be used in fixing this Quickbooks error.
Sol: 1 Check for MSIEXEC.EXE Instances
- Open the windows task manager window by pressing the CTRL+ ALT + Delete key.
- Open the processes tab from the task manager window.
- Now click on the image icon and sort the list of the processes in alphabetical order.
- Now look for the processes with.EXE extension and then select all the processes and click on End now.
- Close the windows task manager window and restart your device.
After restarting the windows, open the task manager again and check if there is any MSIEXEC file is still running or not.
Sol: 2 Microsoft Runtime LIbraries Re-installation
Follow these steps in order to re-install the Microsoft Runtime Libraries in your system.
- Firstly, you have to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package in your computer.
- For 32-bit, you have to download the (X86) Package and for 64-bit (X64) Package.
- Save the package on your device and then rename it as vcredist_X86.exe.
- Now start the Quickbooks tool hub program and run the Quick fix my program tool from the program issues tab.
Once you are done with these steps then you need to restart your device and Install the Quickbooks softwaer.
These are some of the Quick fixes of this error. However, if you have encountered Quickbooks Error 1723 then try troubleshooting the error using Quickbooks Install diagnostic tool. If you have tried these methods and you are still getting error then you need to contact professionals at Quickbooks.